Cooke Administration Building, Great Falls Historic District - Paterson NJ
Built in 1880 for the Cooke Locomotive and Machinery Company, this building is typical of the pragmatic design style of industrial revolution. The use of ‘Philadelphia face- brick’ and decorative brownstone trim distinguish it as a ‘front office’ in the midst of the district’s less decorative factory buildings. This structure was abandoned for years before being restored and adapted to residential use in 2005. Work-scope: stabilization, pinning, cleaning, pointing, brick and mortar matching and replacement, composite brownstone repairs, fabrication and installation of cast stone sills, lintels, etc., to match detailed originals.